Minivan Towing Can Revving An Engine To Get Out Of Sand Kill The Alternator? Or Did I Destroy Something Else On My Minivan?

Can revving an engine to get out of sand kill the alternator? Or did I destroy something else on my minivan? - minivan towing

I have a 1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager - not a great car, but the groups of children, and seems to be in good shape, especially after the removal of snow from Pennsylvania, when we moved to Florida. I drove to the beach and are now stuck in the sand after the engine is very difficult to leave (probably should drop to a lower speed), I noticed the battery meter is down, but I do not does not think much of it and just parked. A few hours later when we left the beach, the car started well, but after about a mile of the battery's charge level fell (as an indicator for the oil), started the car shimmy ING and l "speedo started jumping randomly. I went to a gas station and is off and not restart, and I have it towed away. What can I do to the animal? "I think this is not the battery, I replaced just three weeks ago. Did I kill the generator ? fry the wiring? Get the sand somewhere they should not? Damage fuel pump? Help!

2 comments:

watty_of... said...

The generator does not work anymore, and therefore the electricity came from the battery. Once the battery was dead, would not start.

Since the battery was discharged last ounce of energy Pistons not yet begun to get the inflammation which the pressure loss and total loss of energy.

You may have realized only at the time, but could have been. Electrical components not normally see in any way we approach his death only in the short or ground, at about the speed of light.

You will have to jump a new alternator and if you have it, in which the generator can recharge the battery.

Based on his history, I doubt that it was his belt.

R P said...

Pickup hood and search. You probly threw / broke serpentein belt. A tip on the beach, you can psi of air pressure in the tires to 18 and move lower to the upper part of the sand very well. There is a greater amount print.The shimmy belt can halfshaft wrapped around. Good Luck

Post a Comment